Spring is the perfect time to perform residential roofing maintenance and inspection. Rainfall, ice, snow and debris can cause damage to your roof in the winter months. Getting some maintenance done after will ensure your roof’s protection from external elements year-round and keep pesky critters away from your home. Here are some tips to get you started.
Reasons to Perform Spring Residential Roofing Maintenance
A spring spruce-up of your residential roofing can help keep your home safe from potential damage caused by winter weather including snow, ice and wind. Furthermore, performing spring residential roofing maintenance will prepare you for summer heat and humidity and improve your home’s curb appeal.
Steps for Spring Residential Roofing Maintenance
- Inspect your roof for any visible damage
- Clean out the gutters and downspouts as debris can cause clogs or blockages
- Check the flashing on chimneys and vents
- Apply caulk and sealants around such features
- Note loose shingles so they can be fixed or replaced before it affects other aspects of your roof’s integrity
- Look out for moss or algae growth that could rot membranes and support structures over time
- Look for signs of pest or animal intrusions like rats looking for shelter
Schedule a Spring Spruce-Up for Your Roof!
Take the time to inspect your residential roofing and perform necessary maintenance before the summer months. Check for weather-related damage, animal intrusions, and general wear and tear to prevent costly repairs or replacement. By taking steps now, your roof will be ready for whatever happens the rest of the year!
Diamond Roofing Specialists, Inc., is a Waterbury-based professional roofing company with over 20 years of experience. We can help you quickly identify problems requiring attention and work with you on creating cost-effective solutions! There’s no job too big or too small for our roofing team! Contact us today at (203) 754-7884 or fill out our online form to request an estimate!